Monday, June 16, 2014

Little Faith

“O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
                                             Matthew 14:31
               Why do I question what God is doing? Why do I need to have an answer to every little thing I do not understand? Do I realize the power and immensity of who God is and how He loves us? Why do I doubt Him? It’s a simple question, one I ask myself too often without a change of heart. Knowing who God is and what He has done for me, seeing His power in my life and how He has spoken to me and revealed himself to me should transform my doubts into trust and my questions into praise. My God is a faithful creator and loving companion. He continually seeks my good and pursues me. Yet I so many times doubt His goodness and what He is doing. I doubt what He has planned for me and that He knows best. And I know it’s something we hear all the time, but it’s true… God knows better than we do. He sees the big picture and He has it all worked out. I need to daily and hourly trust that He will provide for me and work in my heart. He wants to bless me and make me more like Him if I would just humble myself like a little child and seek Him. Sometimes I don’t even doubt Him, I doubt myself. I doubt if I will be willing to do what He asks of me and take a step of faith. But then He reminds me that He is faithful and it is He who works in me, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. (Phil. 2:13) I do not have to do it on my own, because it is Him, my father and my protector, who will work it through me. He knows what I need to deepen my faith and He knows when I will need it. He knows me better than I know myself and what I think I need. And still despite of my sinful heart and my pride, He uses me and blesses me. He knows even little things that I need to deepen my faith in Him and to increase my strength. So if He would even do all that for me, why do I have any reason to doubt Him?

Application- when I begin to doubt and question Him, pray and turn my doubts into trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment