Friday, August 29, 2014

Seek First

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
                                                            Matthew 6:33-34
               Seek first His kingdom. How easy it is to get so distracted by the things of this world, the things that constantly seek my attention. Right now I am in Kenya and have thirty nine days left of being here. It has been such a struggle for me to continually stay focused on why I am here and why I am serving as I am so caught up in being home and being with my family and friends. So much at home that I feel needs my attention. I am so beyond blessed and happy that I am in Kenya serving the Lord right now, but I can assure you that the devil knows my weakness. He knows my desire to be involved with everything in Florida and he knows how much I miss the comforts of home. And with that I daily fight against him, because I know that God has called me to be here for this time and be with the people that He has placed around me. Knowing that I must seek first His kingdom and put aside the anxieties and desires I have of home. Knowing His character and trusting Him and His timing. He knows my heart and doesn’t look down on me because of this struggle, He seeks to comfort me and remind me of Himself. Giving me a daily fire for Him that seeks to please Him in whatever way He asks me to in the day He sets before me. For now I must be diligent in what He has asked me to do and serve with joy. He is so much greater than anything I could ever do in Florida.

Application- Seek first His kingdom and not my own desires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment