Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Humble and Contrite

But this is the one to whom I will look; he who is humble
and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.
Isaiah 66:2                                       
It’s truly remarkable what God can do with a broken heart. When I choose to fully give my heart to Him and trust Him with it, I immediately feel my heart break into a thousand pieces. The areas of my heart I never even knew about, part’s I would have preferred to looked over and forgotten about. The parts that hold my pride and guilt. Parts that show how dependent I am on this world, the emptiness of past failures and heart break. I feel Him breaking those away and searching the deepest parts. This is all just a part of being contrite in spirit, being completely humbled by the Lord and broken before Him. As I give Him my heart I see my desire for being home, my desire to be in love, my desire to be a part of the friends I left at home; all coming down to my selfishness and what I want most. But as I put it in His hands I give those desires to Him as well. I say to Him “Do what you will with them, I can’t hold them on my own anymore.” And as He takes those I feel my heart being healed, being put back together by His power. Not because I got what I thought I needed, but because His love that now fills my heart is greater than my past desires! And because He now holds my heart, His desires become mine. And as I realize that I now see what He has given in return. His heart. His heart for the children I hold in my arms, His heart for unity and peace among brothers, His heart for His glory. So as I look at the pain and agony involved with giving Him my heart, I can’t help but be thankful for it. Because through my heart break, He in turn gave me more than I ever could have asked for.

Application- desire a humble heart and contrite spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment