Monday, July 7, 2014

Pure Way

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
                                                                           Psalm 119:9-11
               The question asked in this verse is a question so many people ask of the Lord. How can I keep my heart and my way pure? How can I keep myself from sin and please you? And the answer is given right here. Guard your heart according to His word, seeking after the Lord with my whole heart, and storing up His word in my heart. First of all guarding my heart: guarding it from evilness, guarding it from thoughts that are not worthy, guarding it from lies that the devil tries to tell me. In Philippians 4 Paul talks about how if we submit our anxieties our prayers and our thanksgiving to Him then the peace of God will guard our hearts. We cannot guard our hearts on our own, but as we submit ourselves and every request we have to Him, then He will guard it for us. He will protect us from the evil one and be with us on this journey of life. Secondly, seeking after the Lord with my whole heart. In Matthew 6 Jesus himself tells us to seek first His kingdom and all these things will be added unto you. If I seek after what brings Him glory and what will further His kingdom then my ways will be pure. My motives in all I do should be the furtherance of my relationship with Jesus and the furtherance of His kingdom. Let my motives not be selfish oh Lord. And lastly, storing up His word in my heart. He has given us His word, the Bible, as our guiding light to Him. In this same chapter of Psalms a few verses later it says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” His word that He has so graciously given us is to be our guiding light what leads us to Him and what we memorize and remember throughout our days. Throughout my day I should be meditating on certain verses the Lord has given me and praying through them. Only then will my ways be pure.

Application- meditate on His word more and memorize it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment