Sunday, August 10, 2014

He Knows My Heart


               …for you, you only, know the hearts of the children of mankind.
                                             2 Chronicles 6:30
               At this point in Chronicles Solomon is praying over the Temple and dedicating it to the Lord. After all he has done with the temple and how his father, David, has asked him to do with it he is dedicating it to the Lord. And in this verse he tells God “You only Lord know the hearts of man”. This verse stuck out to me and caused me to be so thankful for who God is. God is the only one who has ever or will ever know the depths of my heart. He knows the sinfulness, the pride, the selfishness, and wickedness of my heart. Yet He still chooses to use me and love me unending. I continually give Him reasons to not love me and pursue me, but He never stops doing it. The Lord has been showing me a lot of things about myself that I don’t like, things I need to allow Him to work on and change in my heart. And even when He sees these things and sees even more than I do, He still loves me. I don’t think I will ever be able to fully grasp His love for me. But I pray that He daily makes it real like this to me.

Application- pray for a heart that welcomes and cherishes His love and want for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment