Friday, August 1, 2014

The Way,Truth,and Life

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
                                                            John 14:6
               Jesus is telling his disciple Thomas this after he says “We do not where you are going. How can we know the way?” And this is the way Jesus responds to him. Telling him that He is the way, the truth, and the life. The way to what? Jesus is the way to heaven, the way to eternal life with Him, the way to what God has prepared for those who believe. His way, following Him and seeking after Him is the only way to this eternal life in Christ. Even with all the other religions and ideas in this world, Jesus says that He alone is the true way. He also tells Thomas that He is the truth. The truth of what? The truth that this world is looking for. We continually seek after things that will not let us down and be true and loyal to us. But all the things of this earthly world will not do that. Jesus Christ is the only one true thing in this world. For He will never lie to us, never cheat us, never stop loving us. He is completely pure and righteous. And He says that He is the life. How can He be the life? As I’ve been reading through the gospels the verse that says “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it” has been coming up a lot. God has been showing me that to give my life to Him is the only way of finding true meaning and value in life. For a life lived completely for Him is the only life worth living. So if I live my life for my own pleasure and satisfaction I will never truly know what real life is. But when I give my life to Him and allow Him to use me, then and only then will I find life abundant. As Jesus says in John 10- “I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly.” He has not come to take our lives and destroy us, He has come to GIVE us life and show us the true way of living. Then He ends by saying that no one comes to the Father except through me. So we can’t get to God without Jesus? No, we can’t. Jesus has made the way for us to be one with God. He is our mediator between God and us. Without His death on the cross and taking on the sins of the world, God would still see us as filthy sinners who can’t approach Him. But because of what Jesus has done, God now looks at us and sees Jesus. Completely righteous and holy.

Application- praise Him because He alone is the way, the truth, and the life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment