Thursday, October 2, 2014

Inscrutable


    Oh, the depths of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his     judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
                                                            Romans 11:33
               For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than                       men.
                                                            1 Corinthians 1:25
               So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
                                                            1 Corinthians 2:11
               These verses have been rocking my world lately. As I have been going through the book of Romans and now 1 Corinthians the Lord has been teaching me one main thing. How incredibly awesome He is! I can’t even put into words the depths of all that God is to me and how He has shown me how unsearchable His ways are. To say that God is simply amazing is an understatement. His ways, like it says in Romans 11:33, are inscrutable. They are mysterious, without understanding, unfathomable, and unexplainable. The ways of the God whom I have a relationship with are mysterious, I will never be able to understand them all. As I get to know Him deeper I learn more about His character, but I will never be able to understand them all. Some would say that this thought is scary to them, not fully being able to explain the ways of God and comprehend what He is doing. But I personally am perfectly content with this. How comforting is it to know that the God we serve will never get boring? God is so beyond my comprehension, so much more powerful than my mind will ever be able to think, so much more loving than I will ever be able to experience; on this earth that is. I must have faith in Him and trust that even when I don’t understand His ways He is a good God and works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. When we finally meet God face to face then all these things will be revealed to us and His ways will be understood. How exciting is that?!?!?!?! And one of the questions that have come forth from reading these verses is this; why, after reading these verses and seeing just a glimpse of His immenseness, do I question what He has for me in this life He has given me? Why do I try to do things on my own and not allow Him to work through me? I pray that as I seek Him more and more and learn more about this God I serve that Philippians 2:13 would become true in my life. That it is God alone who works in my life, to will and to work for His good pleasure. As I see His power and grace that I would give my life over to Him more and more each day, knowing that He is the only one able to work good into me.  
               I don’t think this rant even does justice to how God has spoken to me through these verses. But this is my attempt at putting it into words.

Application- As I grow in my relationship with the Lord, seek out those amazing attributes of His character and have faith in who He is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment