Friday, May 30, 2014

Fear Not

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
                                                                           Isaiah 43:1-2
               God is calling me His own and claiming possession of me. He has redeemed me and bought me with His blood, the greatest payment He could ever sacrifice for His children. He didn’t redeem us just because He had to, He redeemed us because He wanted to and wants a relationship with us, His people. When I think about the huge sacrifice and love put into Jesus dying on the cross for us, my heart can’t help but be thankful and humbled by Him. He has redeemed me and now calls me His own, I am His treasure and His daughter. That alone should change my life and cause me to give my life to Him. He not only calls me His own, He then goes on to tell me that when I go through difficult times that I will not be alone. He will bring me through trials and hard times, but I have nothing to fear because He is right there with me helping me every step of the way. The trials He brings me through shall not overwhelm me or kill me, for He knows what I can handle. And He will continually give me strength to endure it if I just ask it of Him. Trials and hard times are meant for our good, to refine us, to make us more like Jesus, and draw us closer to Him. I am learning to be thankful for difficult times and thank Him even when I don’t feel like everything is working out the way I want them to.

Application- soak in the enormous love of Jesus and live in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment