Sunday, May 25, 2014

Take Up Your Cross

Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
                                             Matthew 10:37-39
               Jesus is not asking us here to absolutely hate our family, but He is saying that if we love them more than we love Him than we are not worthy of His cross. For He asks us to love Him above all else and put everything else secondary to our love for Him. For He deserves all our praise and love, more than anyone on earth ever will. He asks us to take up our cross daily, to die to ourselves and see Him as our main joy and love. If we do not do this He says we are not worthy of Him. We have not seen the full extent of what Jesus has done for us and how much He loves us. When we fully see how much He loves us and all that He has and continually does for us then we will have no other response than to give Him all of our lives. Give Him our love for our family, our love for our friends, our plans, our everything. Each of us has something that we daily struggle with more than other things, we are all human and will not be perfect until we see Him face to face. I must take up that thing I struggle with and give it to Jesus, I cannot conquer it on my own, but with Him He will give me strength and wisdom to take up my cross and fight the fight. I do not seek a materialistic life, I do not seek after things that will temporarily make me happy, I need to seek after His kingdom and His righteousness. And only then will I find true life in Him.

Application- strive to take up my cross daily.                                

No comments:

Post a Comment