Monday, July 21, 2014

Faithfulness

Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
                                                            Luke 12:48
               Jesus is sharing a parable with his disciples at this time and wants to make this point clear to them. If we are given much and have been blessed with many things, more will be required of us. For we are given these blessings so that we may use them to glorify the Lord. Whether it be material blessings, spiritual blessings, the blessing of talking with someone or just being nice to someone. The Lord has given us these things that we may use them to give Him glory. Last week the Lord blessed me with the chance to talk to a woman on the street. We were all walking home from town and this woman came up to me and started walking with me and talking with me, mind you she was drunk, but she was still talking with me and wanting someone to talk with her. So as she walked with me I got the chance to share the gospel with her and pray with her and for her. I don’t know if she really understood anything that I was saying, but I know that the Lord put her in my path as a blessing and something to bring Him glory. If I would not have been faithful with this thing He had blessed me with then I would have been being disobedient to Him. He asks us to be faithful with what He has given us and to not take it lightly that we carry and represent His name. He has entrusted His gospel to us and trusts us to be faithful with it and sharing it with those He gives us the chance to share it with.

Application- look for the things He has asked me to be faithful in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment