Monday, July 14, 2014

I Am a Servant of the Lord

And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.”
                                                                                                         Luke 1:38
               Mary gave herself as a bondservant to the Lord and accepted whatever He had for her. Even if it brought her shame and ridicule. She looked at the situation she was put in and counted herself honored to be counted worthy to be chosen for such a task as carrying the savior of the world for nine months and caring for Him as he grew up. She was a young girl who was engaged to man of good character. She hadn’t done anything wrong in the eyes of the Lord and yet she was looked at as a woman who just slept around. Because she was pregnant out of wedlock. But the Lord had chosen her specifically for this duty and he knew she could handle it if she just trusted Him. I see the life of Mary and how she was so willing to do this for the Lord and carry this weight and I wonder if my heart would be the same. Am I willing to carry whatever the Lord asks of me? Even if it brings me outward shame and hurt from people around me. I read a quote once by Oswald Chambers that said “If through a broken heart God brings His purpose to pass, then thank Him for breaking your heart.” If the Lord chooses to break my heart and bring me through something difficult to bring His purpose in the world to pass, to bring people to know Him, to draw me closer to Him, then so be it. I will thank God for that hard time because I know that His will is being accomplished. Lord help me to have a heart of submission to you and willingness to endure whatever you may have for me. As long as I know your will be done.

Application- pray for a heart like Mary had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment